The old Malibu Courthouse
The Old Malibu Courthouse building located at La Costa Beach neighborhood ( 21323 Pacific Coast Highway) in Malibu. Originally Designed by the Butler & Butler architectural firm and built by Maurice Hirschfield, this Spanish-California style building served as Malibu's courthouse until 1970. The original single story structure seen here was expanded in about 1940 to include a split level western wing. Shortly after, the building served the additional function of housing the Sheriff's sub-station and holding cell. It was home to the Malibu Justice Court, Malibu Sheriff station with a jail, and on weekends served as the Catholic & Protestant Churches. It is still standing and is Today a home to office space and restaurant.